Good To Know
September 16, 2020
This week I would like to share some of the many, many statements I have heard at my 12 step meetings. Since the meetings are on Zoom, I can now write down what people say. In six months, I have written 43 pages of wise sayings from the people I love. I do not know if what I have listed below are original sayings or should be attributed to someone famous, so please forgive me if I do not show references where I should. I hope that some of these help you cope with all that is going on in our world today.
1. It all works out in the end; and if it’s not working out, it’s not the end.
2. Difficulties are part of the human experience. If you look at every difficult situation from a higher perspective with faith, you will be surprised at how resilient you will become.
3. Perfectionism is the enemy of good. Being happy doesn’t mean everything is perfect. It’s the decision to look beyond life’s imperfections.
4. Don’t live in the wreckage of your future, but find gratitude in everything so that you may walk toward a vital spiritual experience.
5. Strength comes from emptying out that which is blocking us from God, so we can be filled up by God’s spirit.
6. At the end of the day, we only need to live our lives for an audience of One.
7. Left to our own devices, we probably would have sold ourselves short. Luckily God had a better plan for us. And He still does!!
8. Accepting something does not mean we have to like it.
9. Forgiving someone does not mean we condone that person’s actions. It means that we are no longer going to allow that person to rent space in our heads.
10. A healed person understands that the actions of others have nothing to do with them.
11. Fear does not stop death. It stops life. And worrying does not take away tomorrow’s troubles. It takes away today’s peace.
12. ART stands for “Always Remain Teachable.”
13. When listening to others, take yourself out of the conversation so that you may be fully present.
14. Depending on the situation, doing nothing can actually be doing something.
15. Say what you mean. Mean what you say, but don’t say it mean.
16. Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better. (Mayo Angelou)
With love and peace,